Prof. Dr. Urszula Forys
Chair of the Section of Biomathematics and Game Theory
Institute of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics
Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics, University of Warsaw
Banacha 2, 02-097 Warszawa
tel.: +48 22 55 44 567,
fax: +48 22 55 44 300
Ta strona ma polską wersję
I am a member of
WARSAW BIOMATH TEAM working on modeling of tumor growth and therapy.
- mathematics applied to biology and medicine
- modeling of tumor growth and treatment
- modeling immune reaction
(various types of infection, vaccinations, drugs)
- models in ecology, epidemiology and ecoepidemiology
- dynamical systems: finite and infinite dimensional
- ordinary differential equations with time delay
- functional-differential equations
- difference equations
Projects under realization
Individualized modelling of prostate cancer therapy (principal investigator), Bekker Programme, Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange, PPN/BEK/2018/1/00380/U/00001
- Mathematical models and methods in the description of tumor growth and treatment (investigator, PI: M. Bodnar), NCN, OPUS 2015/19/B/ST1/01163
- Mathematical modeling of a drug resistance in tumor treatment (scientific mentor, PI: M. Bodzioch), NCN, PRELUDIUM 2016/23/N/ST1/01178
Most interesting publications since 2015
- Singularity of controls in a simple model of acquired chemotherapy resistance,
DCDS-SERIES B, 24 (5) 2019, 2039-2052 (with P. Bajger and M. Bodzioch).
SIS criss-cross model of tuberculosis in heterogeneous population, DCDS-SERIES B, 24 (5) 2019, 2169-2188 (with M. Bodzioch and M. Choinski).
Time-delay model of perceptual decision making in cortical networks,
PLoS One, 14 (2) 2019, PLoS One (with N. Bielczyk, K. Piskala, M. Plomecka, P. Radzinski and L. Todorova).
The role of optimism and pessimism in the dynamics of emotional states, DCDS-SERIES B, 23 (1) 2018, 401–423 (with M.J. Piotrowska and J. Gorecka).
Asymptotic dynamics of some t-periodic one-dimensional model with application to prostate cancer immunotherapy,
J. of Math. Biology,
73 (4) 2016, 867–883 (with M. Bodnar and Y. Kogan).
Connecting Radiation-Induced Bystander Effects and Senescence to Improve Radiation Response Prediction,
183 2015, 571–577 (with J. Poleszczuk, A. Krzywon and M. Widel).
Didactic materials - course on dynamical systems
Didactic materials - course for PhD students in IPI
National Conference on Application of
Mathematics in Biology and Medicine