Few examples of quite good presentations
None is perfect, but it is worth to see them. Recognise elements or features you like while watching them.
Rules of a good presentation
We have created them during the class! You have listed the following rules. A good presentation is:
- has not too much text,
- dynamic, with interesting animations
- has nice and attractive graphical design,
- has well chosen colors (subdued) and fonts,
- of suitable length,
- has humorous elements,
- has images of good quality and matching the content,
- is directed to the recipient,
- has logical sequence,
- has structure,
- most important things are highlighted,
- minimum of special effects,
- gives examples and alternatives,
- less is more.
Less is more
This is my favourite rule:
- less text — not everything has to be written. Only ideas. Or even only one idea per slide.
- instead of excessive text use photos (but not cliparts!) symbolizing your idea
- simple and clear structure of a presentation
- graphical integrity: low number of well chosen colours, low number (e.g. 3) of consequently used fonts.
- simple and consistent transitions between slides
Create a presentation about your hobby using Libre Office Impress. The presentation should include at least $6$ well prepared slides, including title slide and use some elements of animations (e.g. transitions), but in a reasonable way — see above. All materials used in the presentation should be used in a way consistent with their licence (usually it means giving the information about the author).
What will be taken into account?
- does the presentation present the topic in an interesting way?
- is it reasonable in the graphical aspect: nice and pleasant to watch
- is it reasonable in the graphical aspect: readable
- technicalities: title slide, structure, etc.
- animation, it it used and if so is it used in a reasonable way.
Obviously some of above seem somehow subjective. Therefore your presentation will be graded not only by me but also by a graphic designer, and we will calculate the average grade.
I expect a .pdf and a .odp file. There is a possibility to create your presentation using Prezi. In this case send me a link and share the presentation.