In 2014 TLCA was part of Vienna Summer of Logic. It was a joint event with RTA, called 25th International Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA) joined with the 12th International Conference on Typed Lambda Calculi and Applications (TLCA), and abbreviated RTA/TLCA.
Scope of the conference
TLCA List of Open Problems
Predecessors of TLCA
* Typed and untyped lambda-calculi as models of computation.
* Proof theory: Natural deduction, sequent calculi, cut elimination and normalization. Propositions as types, linear logic and proof nets.
* Types: Subtypes, dependent types, type inference, polymorphism, types for security.
* Semantics: Denotational semantics, game semantics, realizability, categorical models.
* Programming languages: Foundations of functional and object-oriented programming, proof search, logic programming, type checking.
* Implementation: Abstract machines, parallel execution, optimal reduction, program optimization.
* Computer-aided reasoning.
The present list of open problems has noble predecessors. The first list of problems in lambda-calculus was collected by Henk Barendregt in 1975. It was published in the book:
λ-Calculus and Computer Science Theory, LNCS 37.
Another was created at the occasion of the Swansea lambda-calculus meeting in 1979, and published in
Bull. EATCS 10, 1980, 136--140.
At a meeting of the Gentzen project in 1993 (a setellite
event of the first TLCA) another list was circulated.
Here is a scan of this document.
LNCS 664 (M. Bezem, J.F. Groote, Eds.)
1995 (Edinburgh) --- LNCS 902 (M. Dezani-Ciancaglini, G. Plotkin, Eds.)
1997 (Nancy) --- LNCS 1210 (P. de Groote, J.R. Hindley, Eds.)
1999 (L'Aquila) --- LNCS 1581 (J.-Y. Girard, Ed.)
2001 (Krakow) --- LNCS 2044 (S.Abramsky, Ed.)
2003 (Valencia) --- LNCS 2701 (M. Hofmann, Ed.)
2005 (Nara) --- LNCS 3461 (P. Urzyczyn, Ed.)
2007 (Paris) --- LNCS 4583 (S. Ronchi Della Rocca, Ed.)
2009 (Brasilia) --- LNCS 5608 (P.-L. Curien, Ed.)
2011 (Novi Sad) --- LNCS 6690, ARCoSS, (Luke Ong, Ed.)
2013 (Eindhoven) --- LNCS 7941, ARCoSS, (Masahito Hasegawa, Ed.)
Visit the DBLP page for bibliographic information and list of contents.
Final revised and expanded versions of selected papers from TLCA 1997, 1999, 2003, and 2005 have appeared in special issues of Fundamenta Informaticae:vol 33, Number 4, April 1998 (Guest Editor: Roger Hindley)
Selected papers of TLCA 2007 and TLCA 2009 appeared in special issues of Logical Methods in Computer Science.
One can also read "TLCA" as: Tratado de Libre Comercio de América, The Leadership Campaign on AIDS, Traffic Light Control Agent, Trust and Loan Companies Act, T. L. Carter & Associates, Texas Laboratory and Curation Alliance, or even Telecomunicaciones por Cable!
Last modified: July 17, 2014
Pawel Urzyczyn: urzy at mimuw.edu.pl